Why Join the Patriotic Degree?
FAITH, FAMILY, FRIENDSHIP, FUN
The primary purpose of the Patriotic (Fourth) Degree is to foster the spirit of patriotism through active membership in local Patriotic Degree groups called assemblies. Patriotic Degree members must retain their membership in their local council to remain in good standing.
Eligibility: Any Knighthood (Third) Degree member in good standing is eligible for membership in the Patriotic Degree. There is no longer a waiting period to join.
Our new assembly has ten monthly meetings each year with a social preceding the meeting. This is an opportunity to associate with brother knights from other councils in Orange County. We meet the fourth Tuesday of each month.
Our new assembly has ten monthly meetings each year with a social preceding the meeting. This is an opportunity to share in fraternity with brother knights from other councils in Orange County. We meet the fourth Tuesday on the campus of Christ Cathedral.
Annual activities open to family:
- Annual family barbecue and flag retirement ceremony
- Assembly Corporate Communions at Cathedral and Brunch
- Officers Installation – Tuxedo
- Cooking lunch for Veterans at Long Beach Hospital
- Christmas Party in restaurant – suit and tie
- Memorial Mass – Tuxedo
- Benefit Dinner for Brothers of St. Patrick – casual dress
We march in the July 4th parade in Huntington Beach. We do not conduct fund raising activities like councils do.
- Chalice ceremony. Each Sir Knight may choose to have a chalice ceremony for his funeral Mass. A chalice is engraved with your name and is given to a needy priest. Each time Mass is celebrated, you are remembered in the prayers.
- Color Corps is present at funerals, church dedications, confirmations, weddings and special occasions- White House and Papal escorts. You do NOT have to join the color corps. Current cost for regalia including sword, cape, chapeau, etc. is about $500.
- Flags for Schools: We conduct a flag awareness program for elementary schools and give a flag to each student.
NEXT EXEMPLIFICATION: Saturday, October 22, 2016 at the Irvine Marriott. Submit Form 4 signed by Financial Secretary and date of First Degree
$130 fee exemplification includes ONE dinner, name badge, baldric and 15 months dues. Annual dues are $30. You must pay Fourth Degree dues each year and maintain your membership in your council.
Dress Code for exemplification: Black tuxedo, straight collar shirt, black cummerbund black bow tie and black shoes. CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION